Thursday, November 5, 2009

Alison's take on Anne's Salmon Patties

Anne called and gave me this recipe over the phone. I didn't have all her ingredients, so I did what I could...what follows is what I did, and hopefully I'll get her real recipe.

I thawed:

4 pieces of salmon

I poached them in the microwave for a few minutes with:

1/2 cup white wine
sprinkling of dill

Then I put the salmon (sans the wine) in a bowl and mince it up.

I added @ 25 saltines and 2 eggs - per Anne.
I added some salt, a heaping tablespoon of Dijon and a little paprika.
Stirred that up and made paddies.

I put a big skillet on medium high heat with a little olive oil.
I fried up about 8 paddies till toasty on each side.

Per Anne's suggestion, I served it with sour cream, dill relish and it was a huge hit!!
(My family put slabs of cheddar on theirs.)

2 comments:

  1. that sounds yummy... and not hard... I'll try it some time. btw: if you want to beg me for the turkey meatload recipe, I can type it up and then you can just copy and paste it into your blog giving me the nod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, I made these with wild sockeye. I didn't have sour cream or the dill relish.. but it was good!! I made baked potatoes and roasted brocolli with garlic and pugliese. Delicious!! and pretty darned easy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete