Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Turkey Burgers with Gorgonzola

Did I do this one already? I know I did the Turkey Meatballs....

Well, here goes (cause I like this one).

1/2 t garlic powder (I use some minced garlic)
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1-1/4 lbs ground turkey breast
1/2 c Gorgonzola
Cooking Spray

Make 6 burgers out of it for about 340 calories each. Cook on medium high heat in a non-stick skillet for a couple of minutes each side. You can then cool and freeze (like you are a caterer) or you can then put them on a cooking sheet in the oven at 400 - covered with foil. If you have frozen them, thaw them in the fridge and then cook the same way.

I serve them on organic wheat rolls. You can serve them with whatever (potato, white...) And you can top them with spinach, hummus, dijon, cheese, whatever and add lots more calories. (The original recipe has you making 12 burgers from it for mini-burgers. Probably not a bad idea!)

No comments:

Post a Comment